Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbuhl79

Gf Home-made Chips

I recently bought some corn tortilla shells and didn't care for them as wraps as they seemed quite dry. In order not to waste them I gave the following a whirl.

Take approximately 3-4 circular small sized corn flat tortilla shells and cut them into quarters.

Spray a flat cookie sheet with pam or some other non-stick spray. I typically use the "butter flavored" so after laying out the quartered slices of shell I spray them on top with this. Then one of the following.

1) Sprinkle with garlic salt

or

2) Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture

Then bank in the oven around roughly 400degrees and 10-15 minutes.

Comes out with a great little chip, either sweet or salty whatever your preference! And a lot less greasy then something you might pick up at the store! My fiance loves them!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My yoga teacher (and I, once I am spending less than 13 hours a day at work) makes flax seed chips that those also on a low-carb diet can have. It's just flax seeds (she uses both golden and red) mixed with a bit of Bragg's Amino Acids (but I'm sure you could substitue a bit of some other liquid with some salt) and dehydrated until crispy. Lots of omega 3 and fiber!