Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

catfish

Gf Pizza Dough Tip!

I occasionally make a pizza using a gluten-free bread recipe, but the problem is that the gluten-free bread dough is too sticky/runny to roll, but too firm to pour into a good crust so I fuss with it until I get it spread out to roughly the size and thickness I want. But here's a great idea that works really well; you can even cook it on a pizza stone.

Take a sheet of parchment paper, put the dough in the center. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of it and simply press the dough out to the shape you want.

You can slide this right into the oven on top of a pre-heated pizza stone, or you can put it in a baking dish. Bake the crust for a few minutes and it will let go of the top parchment paper, after which you can apply the toppings and slide it back into the oven. The parchment on the bottom will brown but it won't burn, and the pizza will slide right off it when it's done cooking.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey Catfish, great idea! I've got some parchment paper in the cabinet, but am not very experienced in baking with the stuff. I have been using one of the pizza crust recipes in Bette Hagman's book, and it IS kind of a nuisance trying to get the dough to coform with the shape of the pan. I think that I'll use your method and break out my rolling pin.

By the way, I love your little catfish drawing and your personal message at the bottom...cracks me up!

Paula