Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cypressaggie

Peiwei

I was wondering about other's experiences with the gluten-free menu at PeiWei, which is owned by PF Chang's and has many of the same menu items. My 8 year old has celiac disease, and when we go to PeiWei, we order Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice off of the gluten-free menu. Sometimes we get it with what the manager told me was a gluten-free potato starch batter, and sometimes we get chicken with no batter which has been fried in vegetable broth. One manager told me that the potato starch battered chicken is not in a dedicated fryer, however, it is safer (he says) than frying it with the vegetable broth which contains some gluten. My son has not been sick yet, but I always wonder if he will get sick on one of these visits. My question is, what have you all been ordering and have you had any similar experiences? Thanks! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't been there, but the term "safer" wouldn't make me feel very comfortable about it. Remember that he might still be getting contaminated, but not enough to experience the....EXTERNAL SYMPTOMS that he normally feels when he has had gluten.