JayHowe

Garden Of Eatin Yellow Corn Shells - I May Have Been Glutinized...

Rate this topic

I am very new to this gluten-free way of life, 4 days to be exact, but tonight I had my symptoms re-occur. Here is what I had... please help if you can...

Garden of Eatin Yellow Corn Taco Shells

Wick Fowler's Taco Seasoning

White Boil in Bag Rice

Kraft Sharp Chedder cheese

For 4 days, I have felt great and had no symptoms, PLEASE HELP!!!

Jason

I think garden of eatin is quite safe.

richard

How are you doing with other corn products? Some people seem to react to corn in the same way as gluten (my mom and sister do, thank goodness I don't).

The other suspect I would have would be the seasoning. I looked it up online and didn't see any suspicious ingredients, but not all companies are good about avoiding contaminations between one product and another made on the same equipment. Many many packaged seasonings contain wheat products.

Also, since you're so new to this, is it possible something got contaminated in your own kitchen? Have you, for example, cleaned out your silverware drawer (many drawers seem to breed bread crumbs)? Did you grab a spatula or wooden spoon that might have been contaminated, and use that for your preparation?

-Elizabeth

Depending on the extent of damage to your villi, you may have reactions during the recovery phase to foods that are gluten-free. The spices in the taco seasoning may have triggered it. I had extensive damage to my villi, and had random reactions during the first few weeks of my recovery. Four days is early in the process.

Thank you everyone for your responses...

After only 4 days I had seen such an improvement, I was feeling more like myself, no running to/from the bathroom, etc. So when this happened it hurt...

I didn't really expect I was cross contimation sensitive, but I am now guessing I may be. What else can you recommend to stay away from in the early weeks?

I travel on the road quite a bit and I am so leary of eating out at restaurants. I ate at a Sonny's BBQ yesterday, after doing some research and it didn't seem to bother me at all.

Thanks Again!

Thank you everyone for your responses...

After only 4 days I had seen such an improvement, I was feeling more like myself, no running to/from the bathroom, etc. So when this happened it hurt...

I didn't really expect I was cross contimation sensitive, but I am now guessing I may be. What else can you recommend to stay away from in the early weeks?

I travel on the road quite a bit and I am so leary of eating out at restaurants. I ate at a Sonny's BBQ yesterday, after doing some research and it didn't seem to bother me at all.

Thanks Again!

I'm not familiar with Wick Fowler's taco seasoning, but I've had issues with other taco seasoning. Little hidden ingredients can be an issue.