Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

Natural Stomach Healer

I saw Dr. Lee at the Celiac Center in NY last week. Basically, she prescribed a similar medicine (Nexium) to the one my own GI gave me (Prilosec). These meds make me feel WORSE. Anyone else have this experience? I would like some suggestions as to natural products to help with burning/pain in stomach and nausea. Help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use this homeopathis remedy sometimes when I need it.It is called Stomach Distress by Liddell. It helps relieve nausea, cramps, indigestion, and other stomach problems..

besides that mints, teas, and rice are good.

Guest ajlauer

Has anyone found this at another store? There's apparently no Vitamin Shoppe in this state - although I have heard of the place. <_< I hate ordering online.

You could check at other health food stores...we hate ordering online too what we usually do is get the phone # and call our order in...so if you can't find it that's always an idea.

My favorite remedies are DGL Licorice (that's deglyccorized licorice which means it doesn't have the hormone in it that raises blood pressure) and aloe vera juice. The DGL licorice is so great that whenever I have heartburn it works better than Tums or Rolaids do. It's also better for you. When my stomach is in a bad way, if I take two about 20 mins before eating I feel much better. I have a coworker who healed his ulcer taking it.

Aloe is just soothing, even though to me it tastes something like band aids! (if you can imagine drinking band-aids!) :)

I prefer to go with natural supplements as often as possible as I have had bad experiences taking OTC and Rx meds too much.

Hope this helps!

Stephanie

Ginger also works well. Vitamin/natural food stores usually have pieces of dried ginger that you can buy, and you just need to chew a little piece for it to relieve your stomach. If you don't want to do that, I enjoy ginger teas.

Another thing I also noticed that works well is Reed's ginger chews. They work well but not as good as the stuff I previously recommended.