dlcummings

Worst To Watch For

Rate this topic

So, I don't have a diagnosis; however, I remain suspect of some variant of gluten sensitivity. What I would like to know is this:

For those who have average* symptoms, what are some of the worst culprits that you have found regarding gluten?

Here's why I ask:

For about 5-6 years I dealt with severe heartburn issues. I have had several endoscopies and been put on various medication related to GERD. Recently, within the last six months or so, I found out my problem was dairy. Since then, I've removed all sources of dairy from my diet and have had practically magical results. What made the dairy determination so difficult--even after suspecting it--was that it seemed that certain dairy products were worse than others. I am wondering if gluten may be the same way, that certain foods containing gluten may elicit a different response (greater, lesser or simply just different) than others that also have gluten.

*Note: When I say average I mean to include the many people who have a variety of symptoms that are often are considered to be related to something else: fatigue, headaches, etc. Not quite outwardly serious, but not asymptomatic either.

For me, I think I have more severe reactions to barley than wheat.

For me, I think I have more severe reactions to barley than wheat.

Actually me too- an accidental malt powder just killed my stomach for over a week.

100% whole wheat pasta would rip my stomach apart. I would be in the bathroom for hours after eating it. Of course I kept buying it because it was supposed to be better for you then white flour pasta. Geez! :rolleyes: