Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

audreyw

Does Insurance Usually Pay For Cd Blood Test?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Find another doctor. Some people do not get symptoms at all with celiac. There are over 200 symptoms with celiac and not everyone has the same ones. He is one of the many misinformed doctors about celiac. Being diabetic also puts you at risk because that is connected with celiac. I would tell him to get you tested or you will find someone who will....if you go to this home page there is a link to recommended doctors by celiacs and you can look under your state as well.

My insurance covered all of the tests I had done except for a gene test performed by Prometheus labs....other celiac tests performed by Prometheus were covered though as well as other blood tests from other labs I had done. The initial testing I had done from just a local lab was all covered and that came back elevated so they tested me at a reliable celiac lab(Prometheus). We only had to pay a few dollars because insurance covered most of it. I found the gene test worth it even though that test was not covered.

Good luck and don't let this doctor tell you crap.

I agree with finding another doctor. Whether or not your insurance will cover it depends on your insurance - we can't answer that question, but mine did. The doctor clearly is not cooperative, and remember, you are paying him to perform a service for you. Expect more from your "employees"! :-)

Your doctor sounds just as clueless as all of the ones I went to. If you really want the tests you're going to have to go elsewhere.

I agree with the others about finding another doctor. We have Cigna and they are covering ALL testing. I called them the other day and inquired if they would cover gene testing (since our two daughters have celiac) and they would if the doctor orders it and we have the testing performed through a covered lab. I would call your insurance company and ask them your specific questions. They'll be able to pull your plan up and tell you exactly what's covered. Then, you can at least tell your NEW doctor that you've spoken to them and since the testing will/won't be covered, you're hoping he can do full testing to figure out that it's going to take for you to feel better.

A good doctor will be on your side not a know it all who dismisses your concerns.

Good luck!