JoD

Other Allergies And Celiac

Rate this topic

It has been horrible for allergies in Chicago this summer. I've been gluten free for a year as of Friday! But although not have any gluten for sure...I've been having horrible GI problems as if I have been glutenized. So bad that I'm curled up in a ball. Benedryl seems to help aliviate some of the pain. My sister has the same thing at the same time.

Anyone else have this? Is this normal and does it ever go away!?

Sounds like something else is causing you gastro distress. Have you cut out other foods besides gluten? Or are you getting sneaky gluten like through a new medication or remodeling you are exposed to? There are many ways you have symptoms. Give a little more info.

Sounds like something else is causing you gastro distress. Have you cut out other foods besides gluten? Or are you getting sneaky gluten like through a new medication or remodeling you are exposed to? There are many ways you have symptoms. Give a little more info.

nothing has changed. My sister has the same thing and she doesn't live with me. I've been cooking for myself. Also I get nausiated so I can't really eat

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. You mentioned allergies. Are you susceptable to sinus infections? My daughter and husband are. When they have a sinus infection brewing, the drainage to their stomach can make them queasy. As it worsens, it's really sickening to their stomachs. They don't usually feel different in their sinuses just their stomach. A dr could check your sinuses for infection.

It has been horrible for allergies in Chicago this summer. I've been gluten free for a year as of Friday! But although not have any gluten for sure...I've been having horrible GI problems as if I have been glutenized. So bad that I'm curled up in a ball. Benedryl seems to help aliviate some of the pain. My sister has the same thing at the same time.

Anyone else have this? Is this normal and does it ever go away!?

Make sure all your other products are also gluten-free - such as all your medications, your toothpaste, lipstick and other cosmetics, even vitamins. Anti-inflammatories help but make sure it is gluten-free. Good luck