SuzyQ2

Biocard - Anyone Tried This Home Test For Celiacs?

Rate this topic

Hi there

Has anyone tried this test at home? I did and my result was negative but my blood tests were positive for anti tissue transglutimanase however the drs thought my blood test may have been a false positive so I've had another blood blood test last week and I'm still waiting on my results.... the wait was too long for me so I tried the at home kit - probably not a good idea as now I'm more confused than ever!!

Hi there

Has anyone tried this test at home? I did and my result was negative but my blood tests were positive for anti tissue transglutimanase however the drs thought my blood test may have been a false positive so I've had another blood blood test last week and I'm still waiting on my results.... the wait was too long for me so I tried the at home kit - probably not a good idea as now I'm more confused than ever!!

http://www.beyondricecakes.com/blog/2008/1...-us-market.html

How reliable is the test? According to the creators at 2G Pharma Inc., the test is as accurate as a tissue transglutaminase (tTG) laboratory test that your doctor would request and uses the same technology to detect specific IgA antibodies that react with tissue transglutaminase (tTG), a well known indicator of celiac disease. The test has been approved by Health Canada and meets all of the European medical device requirements for a home test.

Additionally, a study published in the British Medical Journal found that the simple rapid antibody test allowed nurses working in primary care medical offices to detect celiac disease in patients who were not picked up during routine clinical care. The study evaluated 2,690 children around six years old and 120 nurses. The study found 31 newly diagnosed celiac patients. The rapid test accurately detected celiac disease in 30 of the 31 patients.

http://www.beyondricecakes.com/blog/2008/1...-us-market.html

How reliable is the test? According to the creators at 2G Pharma Inc., the test is as accurate as a tissue transglutaminase (tTG) laboratory test that your doctor would request and uses the same technology to detect specific IgA antibodies that react with tissue transglutaminase (tTG), a well known indicator of celiac disease. The test has been approved by Health Canada and meets all of the European medical device requirements for a home test.

Additionally, a study published in the British Medical Journal found that the simple rapid antibody test allowed nurses working in primary care medical offices to detect celiac disease in patients who were not picked up during routine clinical care. The study evaluated 2,690 children around six years old and 120 nurses. The study found 31 newly diagnosed celiac patients. The rapid test accurately detected celiac disease in 30 of the 31 patients.

Well by the sound of that it seems very accurate. The only problem I had with the test is I couldn't fill the capillary tube with enough blood so I'm not sure if this affected the results.

Ive done 3 :huh: one positive and 2 negative.....i'm equally as baffled.my endomyosil test was negative.Im still waiting for my Gatroscopy results but gluten free is having a massive impact on me,i feel a tonne better in just 10 days. :D

Is the BioCard test available in America yet? It doesn't look like it. Supposedly it was supposed to be approved by the FDA this year.