DVjorge

Candida Trigger Gluten Intolerance?

Rate this topic

Hi everybody,

I am worried about my health. Iam having many digestive problems, blooating, bowel sounds, abdominal pain, etc. Last year, I had an urinary tract infection and I took several antibiotics to clear it. As a result, I developed intestinal candidiasis which was also treated but the intestinal problems are still there. Around 4 month ago, I had an endoscopy which showed my intestinal villi looks like Celiac sprue. The dr. took biopsia which came back negative for Celiac but positive for gastritis, also blood test for celiac came back negative. After the endoscopy, I went gluten free and felt a lot better but when I came back to see my GI, he told me to try gluten because he doesn't think I have Celiac. I did and after 72 hours of eating it, I got diarrhea, abdominal pain, hyper bowel sounds, bloating, etc. Guys, I don't know if I need to be tested for DNA to get a more complete panel or what to do. I don't know either if was candida which trigger it. Iam not sure but look like I am not tolerating gluten. Advice me, please.

George.

I'm in the same dilemma...I dont know what triggered my gluten sensitivity..it was either intestinal trauma, candida, leaky gut or antibiotics. I tested high for yeast and am on a regimen now to treat it, but I'm pretty clueless about the whole thing. Sorry..dont have much advice to offer but I know what you're going thru

Did you get the celiac genetic test? if you have 1 or both of the genes then I would avoid gluten for life; but if you dont have the genes theres no way you could have celiac