Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pamelaD

Carmel/monterey Ca

Hi all,

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Carmel/Monterey California. I would like info on positive or negative restaurant experiences.

We are driving from San Fran and hope to have lunch in Santa Cruz (any suggestions?), preferably near the ocean.

In the Carmel/Monterey area we'll be interested in fine/upscale dinning for dinner and cute-cafe-deli-type lunches. My hubby really wants to go to the Hog's Breath Inn (Clint Eastwood's reataurant)... any experiences there?

Thanks!

Pam

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hope this isn't too late. The Passionfish in Pacific Grove, CA is an excellent restaurant. The chef's wife has multiple food allergies so he is completely knowledgeable and will substitute sauces or side dishes to accommodate us. Wonderful fresh fish. Great duck. It's good to be able to enjoy sauces that agree with me. Also a great wheat-free chocolate torte.

Anne

There's a restaurant in Monterey... on a pier across from Cannery Row... Crap... can't remember the name... At the front of the pier, closest to the road, there's a Tony Roma's... If I think of the name, I'll post it, but if you see a pier near a Lamborgini store, not too far off the freeway, with a Tony Roma's out at the closest spot to land, the restaurant is down the pier and down some stairs so that it's _right_ on top of the water.

Guest BERNESES

I'm looking for gluten-free in San Francisco so if I hear of anything in that area, I'll let you know. San francisco and the bay area in general tend to be very uinderstanding about special dietary needs so I wouldn't be surprised if you had few problems. Enjoy your visit! I lived in SF for three years and i am so excited to go back. Beverly