Kay-dee

Recycled Materials

Rate this topic

Hey everyone :)

This is my first post.. been reading though the forum and there is some great information here.

I've been gluten free for about 6 weeks now. I'm super sensitive and have had many accidents along the way and am still struggling at times!!

I have a question regarding recycled materials... is it possible that they are contaminated with gluten? I'm not familiar with the process for recycling cartboard, plastic.. etc, so i dont know if gluten would be elimilated through the process? Or do you just have to cross your fingers and hope that the recycled paper in your paper towels wern't originally a pizza box? lol

Be interested in hearing from anyone who has looked into this!!

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it, but if you do anyway, you could always quit buying recycled products. Earlier thread on paper products: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=59746

Welcome to the board!

Hey everyone :)

This is my first post.. been reading though the forum and there is some great information here.

I've been gluten free for about 6 weeks now. I'm super sensitive and have had many accidents along the way and am still struggling at times!!

I have a question regarding recycled materials... is it possible that they are contaminated with gluten? I'm not familiar with the process for recycling cartboard, plastic.. etc, so i dont know if gluten would be elimilated through the process? Or do you just have to cross your fingers and hope that the recycled paper in your paper towels wern't originally a pizza box? lol

Be interested in hearing from anyone who has looked into this!!

Thanks.