Guest chetalrim

I Have Started Down The Path

Rate this topic

Guest chetalrim

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been lurking for the last couple of days. I went to my doctor today with a big list of symptoms that have been ongoing for the last 15 odd years and have been increasingly getting worse for the last 7 years.

My symptoms have been:

abdominal cramping and pain

wind pain

bloating

excema/dermatitis

allergic conjunctivitis

mouth ulcers

aching joints and generally all over

sore throat

sore ears

mild depression on and off

mood swings

irritability

nausea

The list goes on really. I never even considered coeliac disease until recently. I have been known to cut dairy from my diet in the past, which gives temporary relief before I feel the symptoms building up again.

My doctor was awesome, she just looked at me and organised blood tests for coeliac as well as some other things. She said a diagnosis was still some time away, and NOT to cut gluten from my diet in the meantime, because she wants to get to the bottom of things and it may mean an endo.

So, I guess I've officially started down the path to feeling better. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and getting some great support from the forum. :)

Welcome. You have found a great place for info and support. Make sure you keep eating a full gluten diet until the tests are completed. After testing is done you will want to start the diet no matter what the results are as false negatives are not uncommom.

Guest chetalrim

Thanks for reading and welcoming me :) I'm just waiting for my test results now. I love reading on this forum, it makes me feel less alone and less like a hypochondriac, which is what I was starting to feel like!! I stopped talking about how I feel a long time ago, and have been suffering in silence really. That sounds awfully dramatic, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I desperately want to go gluten free and see if I feel better, I'm madly itchy all over at the moment, and my eyes are driving me mad!!

Anyway. That's my vent over for the time being. I'm off to cruise the forum and learn more.

Thanks again!