Lyndsey

Pediasure Substitute? Vitamins?

Rate this topic

Like many toddlers, my son does NOT eat his veggies. I have occasionally subbed with Pediasure and he gets a gummy vitamin every day. We are currently transferring our home to wheat and gluten free. Does anyone have good recommendations for gluten free ways to supplement vitamins and veggies? Are the V8 juices gluten free?

I am gluten intolerant and have been on and off the wheat free/gluten free diet for years. Lately, I've been back on the diet, and have started to see a few of my symptoms in my son. So, I'd like to get him as close to gluten free as possible. He loves the PediaSure "milkshakes" he gets every so often, and loves his gummi vitamins. However, I KNOW that both of these products use gluten as a filler. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

Lyndsey

I'm confused, because according to the Pediasure website and someone I spoke with on the phone, Pediasure does NOT contain gluten. My daugher won't drink straight milk, so we mix it half and half with Pediasure (strawberry) and we have never had any problems.

I use the gummy vites (Says gluten free on bottle), vitamin water (read the lable they have different vitamins per flavor and does seem limited), also I use pasta made with quinoa which is very nutritional. My daughter does eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, but it is still difficult sometimes. I have melted cheese on the brocolli and this has helped. And believe it or not I would put a vegetable on my child's plate (a reasonable portion) and told them if they didn't eat it I would give them more. I got the tip from a friend and it really worked.