Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lynayah

Back Pain When Having A Digestive Flair-up?

yep, upper right back moving under the shoulder blade. one of my conclusive signs that I've been glutened

maile: I know it is off topic, kindly forgive me everyone, but I just had to say that your puppy photo is beyond CUTE!

Do any of you find that an Epsom Salt bath helps a bit?

Oh wow this happens to ME! I was diagnosed in August and I have been gluten free until 2 days ago. My kids asked for cookies at the store. Normally I would make them myself but I said ok to the treat. Well of course the kids wanted one now. I put one in my mouth w/o thinking!! I had to RACE home to go to the bathroom, had back pain and shoulder pain for the remainder of the day. I NEVER thought that it could be from the gluten.

Wow!! I have been getting incredible right shoulder pain, and almost a paralysis of my arm. It's very debilitating. I also get low back pain which I have had for years and always thought it was due to deterioration of discs, according to many doctors and therapists. But I have learned recently since working on being gluten free that it is the gluten and maybe dairy.

Annie

Does anyone have any tips for alleviating any of these symptoms after being glutened? I find that if I drink organic oj for the vitamin c with magnesium carbonate to help relax, take bifido pro biotics to get my bacteria growing and eat organic blueberries for the antioxidants, it calms the response. It doesn't make it go away, but it becomes more tolerable.

I get very debilitated from the gluten, with right shoulder pain and arm pain, my arm almost seems to go out of place, and just hang. The right low back pain is very intense, and I cannot stand up straight without incredible pain. The back of my head feels like it is caving in, and sometimes I have trouble getting words out. I can wake up in the night with all of this going on at once, along with intense cramping and tingling in my legs. I will be in a fetal position unable to straighten my legs, and grabbing my hair and pulling on it.

Thank you for this site. I finally feel that I am not alone.

Annie

Wow!! I have been getting incredible right shoulder pain, and almost a paralysis of my arm. It's very debilitating. I also get low back pain which I have had for years and always thought it was due to deterioration of discs, according to many doctors and therapists. But I have learned recently since working on being gluten free that it is the gluten and maybe dairy.

Annie

I am curious now to know if my fluctuating tingly-ness...or warm flushing feeling of my left arm may be a gluten reaction. Then slight dizziness/strange feeling occurs after that and by then I've taken an Ativan (which is Rx) and all is happy for me. Sometimes after this I will have what my doc thinks is a panic attack (if I don't pop the pill) which started happening last December unannounced and sudden. But by the time the dizziness sets in I've take my Rx Ativan...and then all is happy for me...literally. Seeing as how I've correlated my panic attacks and being glutened together on occasion, I wouldn't see why the tingly-ness WOULDN'T be from being glutened.

Sometimes it's in my right arm but mostly in my left. Sometimes I don't have a panic attack afterwards. It just continues to feel warm, then cool with clammy palm...then back warm again.

Doc didn't seem concerned that it's circulation or my heart...since there are no other symptoms that could be heart...unless it's my brain, but he isn't concerned about that either.

Why has everything got to be so complicated?