Yvettehat

Howdy From Minnesota

Rate this topic

Howdy,

I have to say this is the first time I have posted on this site. I was diagnosed as Gluten intolerant July 6th 2009 by my chiropractor after 5 years of serious pain and suffering. I was placed on a gluten free diet and I have been pain free for over 3 months. I cant believe the difference in how I feel. My regular doctors felt that since the diet change was doing the trick there was no need for follow up testing so I have never been officially diagnosed with Celiac Spur. All i can say is that I feel a million times better.

One thing I was amazed over was how much clearer my thinking is. It is as if a fog was lifted in my brain. Has anyone every experienced that before?

I am located in southern Minnesota and would love to chat or connect with anyone in the area.

Thanks

Yvette :D

Hi from southcentral MN. I am happy to see someone from MN using this website.

I have not been diagnosed with celiac disease but sure have the symptoms. My doctor did do a GI panel which showed a lot of concerning things. I tested positive to gliadin (gluten grains), milk (casein), soy (protein), and eggs (albumin). These were the only four food groups that were tested. My doctor agreed that I'd probably test positive to everything as my gut is so messed up. I tested positve to several bad bacterias and very low pancreatic enzymes. After reading a few books about gluten intolerance, they all go together.

I have some stomach discomfort and gas but nothing that bothersome. However, I did have hyperparathyroidism which I also read can be caused by gluten intolerance. I definitely know by what comes out of my body that I am not digesting my foods properly. I have diarrhea, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, depression, muscle pain, tingling and painful hands. The list could go on and on as no two days are the same, which is giving my doctor such a hard time helping me. There is just no consistency with symptoms. Every day I feel different but I am always extremely fatigued. However, anyone would be if they only got a few full night's of sleep in the past four years. For at least ten years before my insomnia, I suffered from fatigue even with sleeping all night. I'm guessing it was gluten intolerance or other food intolerances the whole time.

For two months now I have been off gluten, eggs and soy. I have tried kefir a couple times as my doctor said the beneficial bacteria may be helpful. That made my diarrhea worse so I am staying off the dairy now, too. Just in the past few days I have felt quite a bit better as far as anxiety and depression go. I am still only getting 2 1/2 to 3 hours of sleep a night but am hoping it improves soon.

I wish I could find someone in my hometown who has gluten intolerance New Ulm).