Maryp

Dh

Rate this topic

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have been diagnosed with DH in 1998. I have used all the creams and ointments and I have also been on dapsone. I started out with a 100 mg a day for awhile then I was off it completely for a couple of years. Then in the last year I have been getting a little rash on my chin not too bad. But the last three months its been getting really bad and I had to go back on dapsone again just 25mg a day. The rash is getting worse and I have been gluten free as far as I know. I try to figure out what I could have eaten that made me break out but can't come up with anything. My face now looks like I have chicken pox. I see my doctor on the 26th and I am thinking that she may increase the dapsone. I don't know what else to do.

maryp :(

what about keeping a food diary to see if there is something particular that makes it worse?

Are you using any topicals now?

other members have found Sarna lotion to be helpful; I hae found that Gold Bond Medicated creams helps me. (same active ingredient as Sarna lotion)>

what about keeping a food diary to see if there is something particular that makes it worse?

Are you using any topicals now?

other members have found Sarna lotion to be helpful; I hae found that Gold Bond Medicated creams helps me. (same active ingredient as Sarna lotion)>

Yes , I am using a topical cream now, no I havn't tried Sarna lotion or Gold Bond. I will try one of these and see if it helps.

Thank you for your help.