amberlynn

I Glutened Myself Accidentally...

Rate this topic

Well, I honestly didn't think I was *this* sensitive. I used my old bread machine (after carefully cleaning it out as best I could!) to make a loaf of gluten-free bread 2 days ago... I had a sandwich with said bread last night for dinner. By bedtime, I was having stomach pain and awful gas. Awful and painful gas! Today, I feel like I got run over by a truck. I'm exhausted, my head is slightly achy, and my muscles are achy and just feel like junk. Oh, and the dark circles under my eyes are back too.

So, how long can I expect this to last??

I was just starting to feel really, really, good. I went out today and bought a brand new bread pan, new spatulas, new wooden spoons, etc... I don't want to go through this again!

Hopefully it will be over soon. For some of us it takes a while but for others symptoms resolve quickly. I'm sorry this happened to you and hope you feel better soon.

Hi-

To ease gluten poisoning symptoms I try to keep gluten ease tablets on hand. There is also digest ease tablets. They are only found at Whole Foods in the supplement department. I take 2 of each every few hours until the pain stops.

I'm not sure what is in them , and they are spendy, but very worth having around.

Good luck.

Hi-

To ease gluten poisoning symptoms I try to keep gluten ease tablets on hand. There is also digest ease tablets. They are only found at Whole Foods in the supplement department. I take 2 of each every few hours until the pain stops.

I'm not sure what is in them , and they are spendy, but very worth having around.

Good luck.

Thanks, but the nearest Whole Foods is 2 hours away! Thankfully though, I'm feeling MUCH better today. Good to know that it only takes a good 24 hours to start feeling human again, lol ;). Tummy still isn't all the way back, but hey, can't expect too much! :D