KipperCat

I Get Chronically Hungry When I Eat Gluten

Rate this topic

Does anyone else experience this? I've been reading posts here where folks have the opposite experience - getting very hungry after they cut out the gluten.

Does anyone else experience this? I've been reading posts here where folks have the opposite experience - getting very hungry after they cut out the gluten.

Gluten to most is addictive and the body doesn't want to stop........I know it sounds nuts, but when my doctor told me to go gluten-free - I said, "but Doc! I'm a wholegrain junkie!" his response was......that is what it does to your body - although it's bad for you, your body continues to crave it so you eat more and more.

That makes sense.

When I got the accidental glutening.......I couldn't stop eating the salad......so when I realized that I kept eating and eating and eating it.............I knew right then that I had a no no.

Sure enough, it hit me about 30 min later.

That is how it affects me......sounds like you too.

One of my glutening symptoms is insatiable hunger. My stomach can feel full from a big meal but I cannot be satisfied. That's part of how I became overweight. If I'm glutened I just let my body eat as much as it wants of safe food. I try to make gluten-free noodle soup. That goes a long way. I know it will pass in day or two but it sure is discouraging.

One of my glutening symptoms is insatiable hunger. My stomach can feel full from a big meal but I cannot be satisfied. That's part of how I became overweight. If I'm glutened I just let my body eat as much as it wants of safe food. I try to make gluten-free noodle soup. That goes a long way. I know it will pass in day or two but it sure is discouraging.

For me it was only when I went gluten-free for the first time did I have a sense of incredible hunger......Hope my hunger levels off....

Prior to going gluten free in June, on of our twin daughters (the one with more "typical" Celiac symptoms , digestive) was ALWAYS I mean all the time hungry!!! Both sides, mine and my husbands, are overweight and I worry so much about teaching the children how to eat properly, etc and this just really upset me because I didn't know if she was bored or had other issues. I would made a nice healthy dinner and she would finish everything then 30 minutes later she's begging for a snack. She wanted to eat at least every two hours, sometimes more. While she was never thin was never overweight and we would often wonder why.

Now she eats three meals a day, sometimes two snacks and is satisfied. Even her Grandparents who she will visit overnight on the weekends cannot believe the difference!!!

So, YES, some people ARE constantly hunger when theh eat gluten!

Good Luck!

I've been gluten-free for 10 days. I am so hungry I swear I could eat my left arm. Eating always made me so bloated - I hated eating - now I hate eating cause it's nothing I want to eat ...nothing is killing my being hungry.