Tigercat17

Giving My 1st Party Since Going Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm a little stressed out. I'm not feeling 100% but I really wanted to do something nice for my husband's 50 Birthady. I'm giving my first party since going gluten free. I was undecided about having all gluten free food or not. I do have a gluten free kitchen & was planning on keeping it that way, but I'm not sure if it would be reasonable for the party. And Birthday cake? I do have a bakery that makes nothing but gluten free baked good, but the cakes are pretty expensive. My husband's not gluten sensitive - I am & I probably can't eat the gluten free cake anyway because of my acid reflux & my stomach is still so sensitive. So, I was thinking about having a mixture of gluten free foods & gluten foods & keeping them separate. And making my plate before everyone arrives so I don't have to worry about it being contaminated.

Does anyone have any tips that would help me? I'm just so new to all of this & it's going to be so different to have to worry about food now. :unsure:

Thanks!

Speaking about birthdays...my dd's 21st is this week and I am making her this cake:

http://www.recipezaar.com/209764

and decided to make it just like the pic, double the recipe for a layer cake and use a 7 minute frosting. I might put coconut on the top. I made it for her last year with a chocolate cream cheese frosting and cherry pie filling in the middle and top...it was amazing...Black Forest. Even my non-gluten-free dh liked it.

I don't have a gluten-free kitchen, my gluten-free dd's moved out and they are not so sensitive but I think if your kitchen is gluten-free then it should stay that way. Maybe you could buy premade gluten food if needed so as not to spread the gluten around so much.

Im doing my first Thanksgiving this year. Im just gonna make everything Gluten-Free and not say anything. Its such a hassle to do 2 menus, Ive done it before. Now a days, I think the Gluten-Free food out there is so good that nobody will even notice. Ive made B-day cakes and stuff for parties and my food is always the hit of the party! Get one of those Betty Crocker Gluten-Free cake mixes, people LOVE those and then you wont have to worry about CC-ing your baking dishes. Im going Gluten-Free all the way this Holiday Season, ordering stuff from Babycakes, and using my recipes that everyone (so far) really likes and Nobody else In my friends or family is celiac or even gluten intolerant. I also get people asking for my recipes all the time. I find that just bringing no attention to the fact that everything is Gluten-Free, making it a non issue works. Sometimes after everyone is happily full and telling me how great the meal was, I tell them it was all gluten free and they are pleasantly surprised!! If you need any recipes, let me know! I have a ton of great party recipes and other tricks up my sleeve!! LOL!!