LisaaaNoel

Rashed Related To Gluten

Rate this topic

For the past few months I have began experiencing a rash that comes and goes. It's light pink in color, flat, and itches occassionally (sometimes I get a prickly feeling with it other times it's visible but doesn't itch. It also seems to get worse just after a hot shower.)

I have read about DH and it does not look like that. Are there other rashes associated with gluten intolerances/allergies?

For the past few months I have began experiencing a rash that comes and goes. It's light pink in color, flat, and itches occassionally (sometimes I get a prickly feeling with it other times it's visible but doesn't itch. It also seems to get worse just after a hot shower.)

I have read about DH and it does not look like that. Are there other rashes associated with gluten intolerances/allergies?

My daughter has had problems with rashes for years. One was biopsied after her celiac dx, but it came back negative. Now that she is gluten free, she does not have as many problems with the rashes. She did have a problem with cc this past summer and sure enough she got a rash (she had been almost a year gluten free at this point). She has determined that her rashes definitely have a connection to gluten exposure. The rash also got worse when she first went gluten free and we wonder if that was not the residual gluten leaving her system.