homemaker

Sorghum Bread

Rate this topic

Gluten-Free Sorghum Bread

Dry Ingredients

1 1/3 c. sorghum flour

2/3 c. white sweet rice flour

1 c. tapioca starch (or Jules Nearly Perfect Flour Blend)

1 Tb. yeast

2 tsp. xanthan gum (or 1

Could you substitute brown rice flour for the white sweet rice flour?

Like most recipes ....you can substitute other flours...but the recipe works best with a sweet rice flour either brown or white...

The sweet rice flour adds an extra something to the bread...but you can try brown rice flour and see how it comes out...

I baked this yesterday and it is delicious. It has a sweet flavor. My daughter asked if I can bake it again and try adding some cinnamon and raisins. For the rising, I used the method from another recipe I found here on the forum. I preheated the oven to 200 and put the dough in for 90 minutes. It rose beautifully. It did overflow the bread pan I used so next time I am going to split the dough between two bread pans. After 90 minutes, I just increased the oven temperature to 350 and baked for 40-45 minutes.

I baked this yesterday and it is delicious. It has a sweet flavor. My daughter asked if I can bake it again and try adding some cinnamon and raisins. For the rising, I used the method from another recipe I found here on the forum. I preheated the oven to 200 and put the dough in for 90 minutes. It rose beautifully. It did overflow the bread pan I used so next time I am going to split the dough between two bread pans. After 90 minutes, I just increased the oven temperature to 350 and baked for 40-45 minutes.

Glad it worked out well for you....Cinnamon and Raisins...WOW sounds deilsh! ENJOY! I will have to try that!

Glad it worked out well for you....Cinnamon and Raisins...WOW sounds deilsh! ENJOY! I will have to try that!

I may try it today if I have time. Thanks for the recipe! I will be baking this one often :)