StacyA

Cc Via Toothpaste?

Rate this topic

I'm sure this question has been addressed, but when I searched I only came up with info about gluten-free toothpastes (I use either Crest or Colgate, because I think I saw they are both always gluten-free).

I have a shared household. My 9 year old is starting to use the 'grown-up' toothpaste, and I've been wondering if anyone's ever been cc-ed that way. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it when a kid eats Oreos then brushes his teeth and the toothbrush is a little black afterwards. Not that gluten is all over my son's toothbrush every time he brushes, but I'm sure it happens some. I can't count on him to rinse his toothbrush well afterwards, and I can't count on him to not have the toothbrush bristles touch the toothpaste (did I mention he's a 9 year old boy?).

Does anyone here share a toothpaste tube with gluten-eating kids (and spouse) and do okay?

I don't plan to have the whole household go gluten-free (I had a celiac panel run for my son - negative.)

Please remember that a negative panel does not mean he is not celiac.

Just buy another tube of toothpaste that only you use if this is bothering you.

I'm sure this question has been addressed, but when I searched I only came up with info about gluten-free toothpastes (I use either Crest or Colgate, because I think I saw they are both always gluten-free).

I have a shared household. My 9 year old is starting to use the 'grown-up' toothpaste, and I've been wondering if anyone's ever been cc-ed that way. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it when a kid eats Oreos then brushes his teeth and the toothbrush is a little black afterwards. Not that gluten is all over my son's toothbrush every time he brushes, but I'm sure it happens some. I can't count on him to rinse his toothbrush well afterwards, and I can't count on him to not have the toothbrush bristles touch the toothpaste (did I mention he's a 9 year old boy?).

Does anyone here share a toothpaste tube with gluten-eating kids (and spouse) and do okay?

I don't plan to have the whole household go gluten-free (I had a celiac panel run for my son - negative.)

I agree, buy your own tube of toothpast--plus I would even suggest you put your toothbrush and toothpaste in a separate spot that is off limits to everyone else in the family if they are gluten eaters.

And yes its true, you could still be just as sensitive to gluten whether or not your panels came back positive or negative. Trial and error seems to be the best approach. Go off all trace gluten for a while and then later see if you have problems with CC or not. This should alert you of your sensitivity level.