Rate this topic

Would hives be a symptom of celiac disease. About 2 years ago I had a severe case of hives for about a year. My eyes would swell and i would have huge patches of hives all around my body. It was so bad that my chest started to hurt. I know hives you never know why you get them. But could hives be a symptom of celiac disease. I get them on occasion, but not as severe as I used to.

Hives are an allergic reaction. Something you were exposed to (pollen, detergent, soap, animal dander, etc.) was causing a histamine reaction in the skin. Hives are far more likely to be a contact allergy than a food allergy.

I to have had hives. I know that it is a allergic reaction but I get them sometimes when I eat not often but then I can eat the same thing the next day and not have a reaction. I have had a positive blood test for celiac (not sure which) just waiting on the biopsy now. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Hives are an allergic reaction. Something you were exposed to (pollen, detergent, soap, animal dander, etc.) was causing a histamine reaction in the skin. Hives are far more likely to be a contact allergy than a food allergy.

Hives can be from food allergies and if you are getting hives from a food allergy, then you are at risk for anaphylaxis. Not something to mess around with. You need allergy testing to find out what you are allergic to and avoid it.

My son is very allergic to walnuts and when he accidentally ate them and got hives all over his body we were rushed to the E.R. We carry an epipen everywhere we go.

I wanted to add- keep Benadryl on hand for them and take it as soon as they start.

Would hives be a symptom of celiac disease. About 2 years ago I had a severe case of hives for about a year. My eyes would swell and i would have huge patches of hives all around my body. It was so bad that my chest started to hurt. I know hives you never know why you get them. But could hives be a symptom of celiac disease. I get them on occasion, but not as severe as I used to.

I get hives as well. I was just diagnosed with celiac's disease, and the nurse told me today that my biopsy confirmed it. I noticed that my hives would come at times when I was really stressed. I got them around November last year, they weren't as bad. But before they would cover my whole body. And honestly I have no clue why!

I get hives as well. I was just diagnosed with celiac's disease, and the nurse told me today that my biopsy confirmed it. I noticed that my hives would come at times when I was really stressed. I got them around November last year, they weren't as bad. But before they would cover my whole body. And honestly I have no clue why!

You can be allergic to weird things and not know it. My grandmother was getting hives all over her arms. It turned out she was allergic to newspaper ink. She started wearing dish gloves to read the newspaper and it all went away.

My son gets hives (and swelling, etc) from dairy. He's considered anaphylactic to dairy, and we carry benadryl and epipens.

I occasionally get hives if I get gluten. Sometimes from sulfites - doc put me on Imitrex, which is a sulfate drug for migraines - and I wound up with some major problems breathing!