Skyland

Romano'S Macaroni Grill, So. Portland, Maine

Rate this topic

I recently enjoyed a wonderful gluten-free meal at Romano's Macaroni Grill in South Portland, Maine. The manager, Jacob Eslinger, has Celiac so he was very knowlegeable as to my diet restrictions. He came over to the table and assured me I would have a gluten free meal. I enjoyed a delicious halibut with risotto, mediteranean olives for an appetizer and sorbet for dessert. The waitress was wonderful. Everyone was very accommodating and friendly and didn't make me feel they were being "put out."

Since I was in the area for a few days I also tried Uno's Chicago Grill which also has a gluten free menu and Redbridge gluten free beer. They were very nice there as well and the meal was good.

For lunch I tried North Star Cafe on Congress St. in Portland. They have several gluten free items on the menu. I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with avocado (bread gluten-free) and a delicious vegetable soup. Kind of an upbeat, funky place and you can also get a massage right there on the band platform before or after you eat.