Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wildones

Good Nutritionist

I am looking for a really good nutritionist who is not only experienced w/ celiac disease, but other malabsorption problems. One of my boys also has short bowel synrome (most of his small intestines and other parts of his digestive sysytem have been removed), besides celiac disease. He is relatively new to celiac disease (9 months). He is not gaining weight like we had hoped, and I am worried that he is going to have a very difficult time gaining weight. Weight gain has always been an issue with him. His undiagnosed celiac made him constipated, and probably masked his malabsorption problems from short bowel syndrome (SBS). Now that he is gluten free, he is in much less pain, but now has the 'normal' SBS diarrhea problems, and isn't gainig weight :(

We live in the Denver metro area, but am willing to talk to a great nutritionist anywhere, as long as I could do phone and/or email consults with them.

thanks

Lorraine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Hi Kim! We can't tell just by what you posted. Every lab has different reference ranges so we would need those ranges. Can you please post those? Also, it doesn't matter if you have mild or severe intestinal symptoms as over 50% of diagnosed...
    Hello All, Just looking for information on vitamins. Had some testing come back this week that my bone density is low, as is my B12 and D. So, I clearly need to supplement, but have read that it's hard to trust vitamin brands that say...
    Hi, i heard about shampoos etc but didn't think much about it but will definitely look in to it, thanks.  My bloating has subsided slightly snd this is since i change my vitamins from Holland and barrett to some online which are free ...