sandsurfgirl

Glutened Or Just Too Many Additives?

Rate this topic

I made Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa last night. I read on here that it was gluten free but this morning checked again and the posts were from 2006. DOH!

I also ate some Hershey's chocolate but there are no gluten ingredients listed. CC? Oh and I had Trader Joe's brown rice pasta for the first time. CC?

The sausage does have "natural flavors" in it so I'm wondering if it's that or just all the additives.

This morning I had a coughing fit and shortness of breath, one bout of D, and anxiety. It only lasted about 20 minutes and so far seems to be gone now.

Amazingly, I'm pretty calm about it. I would have had a full blown panic attack before but I think being on the diet is giving me more ability to cope.

Should I call Hillshire Farm and double check? I love that sausage and it's really low calorie. My family is nuts for it too.

The sausage does have "natural flavors" in it so I'm wondering if it's that or just all the additives.

What about the "MSG"? That's a red flag for me. I'd give them a call.

last time I checked, a few months ago, the sausage was fine. I couldn't eat anything that processed for the first few months. How about the chocolate? Was it a mini? Minis are very prone to cc.

last time I checked, a few months ago, the sausage was fine. I couldn't eat anything that processed for the first few months. How about the chocolate? Was it a mini? Minis are very prone to cc.

It was a valentine heart. Yeah it might just also be too soon with the processed stuff. I had some other sausage from Costco that has no nitrites or icky additives and I was fine. I think it's Amy's. It's gluten free.

You know, this is so frustrating because it also could be CC from my gluten kids. UGH

That is one reason I am so thankful our house is gluten free. 2 of 3 are Celiac, so my 12 yr old is odd man out, LOL