Rate this topic

My son can't have gluten, dairy, or soy. My other 2 kids can't have gluten or dairy. I picked up a few different brands of chocolate candy, all labeled "Kosher for Passover": PAskesz and Lieber's. They don't say anything else. I was hopping to put them into plastic eggs for our egg hunt but I've done a bunch of internet searches through Google and on here and can't confirm if they're safe or not.

WWYD?

My son can't have gluten, dairy, or soy. My other 2 kids can't have gluten or dairy. I picked up a few different brands of chocolate candy, all labeled "Kosher for Passover": PAskesz and Lieber's. They don't say anything else. I was hopping to put them into plastic eggs for our egg hunt but I've done a bunch of internet searches through Google and on here and can't confirm if they're safe or not.

WWYD?

If the candy says "pareve", or "parve" it's not supposed to have dairy in it. Many items will not have soy during Passover since most observant American Jews don't eat soy on Passover as well. (But, if a candy is made in Israel, it could be different; the rules of soy are custom-based, and different from place to place. I would look at the ingredients.)

The rules on Passover are slightly different than regular gluten-free rules. A lot of Lieber's stuff is marked Gluten Free or Non-Gebrokts (my BIL, who has celiac, will eat cake mixes, and others, from that company, for instance).

Wheat-flour is allowed in Passover items, however--it will be called matzah meal or Passover wheat flour.

For candy, I might try Yummy Earth lollipops and sucking candies. If you do want chocolate, I'd read the ingredients carefully. Again, "pareve" or "parve" should mean dairy-free. If there is a "DE" on the candy, it means "dairy equipment" (but, then it's not usually marked pareve or parve).

Good luck! (We don't usually buy Passover candy; the kids get enough junk food with the cake mixes their grandmother makes.)