Eliza82

Possibly Odd Symptoms? Or Not?

Rate this topic

Did anyone ever have burning feeling face or puffy-feeling face and or lips from eating gluten?

This seem more like an allergic reaction than the celiac autoimmune reaction unless you have dermatitis herpetaformis. I have an allergy to hot peppers, common in people with celiac disease, and anywhere the pepper oil gets on my skin it causes a burning sensation, itches and my lips swell. Even the small amount in catsup causes me to react. Pepper oil really sticks to the skin so I wash repeatedly with borax solution to get it off. Sometimes I have to scrub my face with a rough wash cloth or soft bristle brush to get the oil out of the tiny cracks and pores in my skin.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Yes! I used to feel very puffy all over (my face too) after eating meals. I thought it was from salt, but recently found out I have Celiac. After giving up gluten, I no longer get puffy after eating...even when I have meals high in salt. My eyes also puff up every morning. I do not feel any burning though, just puffiness and swelling. Since going gluten-free (I've only been gluten-free for a month or so now) the puffiness after meals is gone, and my puffy eyes in the morning are getting better. Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1