sick of being ill

Chills Shivery Whilst On Gluten?

Rate this topic

just wondered if this is a symptom of coeliac? Ive been having problems for around 3 years now and am at my wits end!Started after a holiday to dominican in july 07 where i was hospitalised with sever 'holiday tummy!'ive never been right since, have pain in intestine area (if i press it)very loose stools on a daily basis, but not like watery diahrrea more fatty(sorry for being so descriptive!)sometimes have what feels like a total emptying of intestines as if ive got a tummy bug -but not, i get these chills in my body and feel like i just cant get warm no matter what i do its so uncomfortable, also gas(severe) bloating, cant concentrate at work and have such wobbly legs and weakness in my body have had bloods done for everything including coeliac and apparently i am totally healthy and doc says just anxiety and 'a bit of ibs' its like a total nightmare the doc has finally referred me to gastro but got to wait..and doc also said that gastro will prob just send me home telling me its IBS!! i really hope not!! I just want to geton with normal life used to run and cycle etc but now barely manage to live day to day life!

just wondered if this is a symptom of coeliac? Ive been having problems for around 3 years now and am at my wits end!Started after a holiday to dominican in july 07 where i was hospitalised with sever 'holiday tummy!'ive never been right since, have pain in intestine area (if i press it)very loose stools on a daily basis, but not like watery diahrrea more fatty(sorry for being so descriptive!)sometimes have what feels like a total emptying of intestines as if ive got a tummy bug -but not, i get these chills in my body and feel like i just cant get warm no matter what i do its so uncomfortable, also gas(severe) bloating, cant concentrate at work and have such wobbly legs and weakness in my body have had bloods done for everything including coeliac and apparently i am totally healthy and doc says just anxiety and 'a bit of ibs' its like a total nightmare the doc has finally referred me to gastro but got to wait..and doc also said that gastro will prob just send me home telling me its IBS!! i really hope not!! I just want to geton with normal life used to run and cycle etc but now barely manage to live day to day life!

The only way to know for sure is to stop eating gluten, and see if your symptoms recede. It sounds like that would be a good idea. Since this has been going on for awhile, you'd need to go on a strict gluten-free diet for at least a month.

The only way to know for sure is to stop eating gluten, and see if your symptoms recede. It sounds like that would be a good idea. Since this has been going on for awhile, you'd need to go on a strict gluten-free diet for at least a month.

Thanks so much for replying, i did start on gluten free fro a few weeks but have since gone back on it as i thought it would give a better picture to the gastro doctor when i finally get to see him really hoping i get some answers! :rolleyes:

Yes, and have your thyroid checked...with body temperature issues.