tmf315

My Best Friend Was Just Diagnosed With Celiac. I Am So Happy And So Sad!

Rate this topic

I got the stangest phone call from her yesterday. She started out by reminding me that not only do we share the same birthday, the same interests, have had most of the same life experiences, etc, but now we both have the same sickness. She had begun feeling sick with most of the same symptoms, both lost over 50 lbs apiece, and we have both been on a mission to find out why. We both had all the same tests, kept getting told all the tests were normal. I was beginning to think we were both being poisoned (technically I guess we were!) I was diagnosed through Enterolab since my doctors were awful and wouldn't consider gluten after negative blood tests/biopsy (although after showing them my Enterolab results they changed their tune, even made copies of the lab results for my file). My friend found out because she had a positive biopsy. She has an awesome gastroenterologist. Too bad I can't go see him, she drives about four hours to see him.

I was so sad for her diagnosis, but also happy for me since now I don't feel alone in this new journey (I have only known for about a month and have been feeling like a freak of nature). Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago my hubby was joking with her that he thought she had the same thing I did and we all just laughed. She always jokes that she is really my mother (she is 65 I am 35) so now this is really funny.

I got the stangest phone call from her yesterday. She started out by reminding me that not only do we share the same birthday, the same interests, have had most of the same life experiences, etc, but now we both have the same sickness. She had begun feeling sick with most of the same symptoms, both lost over 50 lbs apiece, and we have both been on a mission to find out why. We both had all the same tests, kept getting told all the tests were normal. I was beginning to think we were both being poisoned (technically I guess we were!) I was diagnosed through Enterolab since my doctors were awful and wouldn't consider gluten after negative blood tests/biopsy (although after showing them my Enterolab results they changed their tune, even made copies of the lab results for my file). My friend found out because she had a positive biopsy. She has an awesome gastroenterologist. Too bad I can't go see him, she drives about four hours to see him.

I was so sad for her diagnosis, but also happy for me since now I don't feel alone in this new journey (I have only known for about a month and have been feeling like a freak of nature). Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago my hubby was joking with her that he thought she had the same thing I did and we all just laughed. She always jokes that she is really my mother (she is 65 I am 35) so now this is really funny.

You're lucky to have each other! Understood on the happy/sad sentiment.