NYCCeliacMom

Just Got Sick After Eating At A Grap Restaurant

Rate this topic

We just tried out the restaurant we picked for our daughter's high school graduation dinner. Unfortunately, I got sick with d. about an hour after eating there. I do not have food poisoning, or a flu, so I think it can only be gluten. I also know that nothing else suspicious was consumed today. I am very disappointed because this restaurant is well-regarded for its gluten-free menu. It is expensive, so we haven't gone there before but it is only blocks from the graduation and has a nice atmosphere. The food was richer and had more oil in it than I usually eat. Is it possible that my system is reacting to that and not to gluten? Usually I don't get the d. right away, but my gluten reactions have changed over time. Do others experience varying reactions? Do I call them and talk to the manager about it? Do I just hope things will go better when we eat there? Do we change restaurants altogether and just hope for the best? Sometimes I am really tired of being celiac.

We just tried out the restaurant we picked for our daughter's high school graduation dinner. Unfortunately, I got sick with d. about an hour after eating there. I do not have food poisoning, or a flu, so I think it can only be gluten. I also know that nothing else suspicious was consumed today. I am very disappointed because this restaurant is well-regarded for its gluten-free menu. It is expensive, so we haven't gone there before but it is only blocks from the graduation and has a nice atmosphere. The food was richer and had more oil in it than I usually eat. Is it possible that my system is reacting to that and not to gluten? Usually I don't get the d. right away, but my gluten reactions have changed over time. Do others experience varying reactions? Do I call them and talk to the manager about it? Do I just hope things will go better when we eat there? Do we change restaurants altogether and just hope for the best? Sometimes I am really tired of being celiac.

from what you say, i'd bet on it being that the food was more rich and oily. especially since you didn't really get the same reaction as a normal glutening for yourself. rich and oily foods can do a number on anyone, not just celiacs! but on the other hand, could have been gluten! really now way for us to know. my guess like is said is that since you're not used to eating food that rich, is more than likely the culprit.

from what you say, i'd bet on it being that the food was more rich and oily. especially since you didn't really get the same reaction as a normal glutening for yourself. rich and oily foods can do a number on anyone, not just celiacs! but on the other hand, could have been gluten! really now way for us to know. my guess like is said is that since you're not used to eating food that rich, is more than likely the culprit.

That is a hard one. Do you have the other symptoms you normally have when you get glutened? I just came back from Maine, second day at a Ruby Tuesdays off the gluten free list, also had the salad bar, stayed away from anything bad, used their light ranch and WHAM, was sick sick sick with all the gluten things except the big D. It took me two years to go back to Maine because of having the big D for three years in a row, before I knew I was gluten intolerant. Still got sick. I am suppose to go to 99 for my grandsons graduation celebration and if I dont feel any better than I do right now, it is NOT happening. I agree, sometimes I really hate having this disease.