Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vickyn_p

I Ate At Una Mas Taqueria

Ok, I know I should have just ordered a drink and did my visiting without food but I was hungry.

I asked them about wheat and flour in their menu items and ended up just ordering the chips, guac, and rice. They said that they don't fry flour tortillas in the oil but I wasn't that comfortable about what they told me and am concerned. Has anyone ever eaten there before?

Vicky

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ok, I know this thread is really old, but I thought I would comment in case others (like me) are looking for answers.

I asked at store #1 (the original location in San Jose), and they proudly assured me that everything is gluten free as long as I don't order something with a wheat-based tortilla.  However since then at other locations I've had employees assure me that "our tomato tortilla is different from our wheat tortilla; you should fine with that" (it contains wheat), and I know their fish tacos are breaded, the manager at that location said it is wheat-based.  So anything fried is suspect just based on the fish (ask the manager), and YMMV on just about everything else on the menu too.  Ask, don't assume.