This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Since 2008, Recently New Symptoms. Help!

CarrieCeliac2008

CarrieCeliac2008 Newbie

please help. I have no insurance anymore, so I can't see my gastroenterologist because I can't afford to. I was diagnosed with Celiac in 2008 and have felt healthy since I started gluten free diet. I try to stay strict, but sometimes I "guess" if I think something is gluten free and may be eating some gluten by accident. Three weeks ago I started having diarrhea, bloating, gas, and blood in my stool. I went to the ER and they gave me pills to stop the diarrhea. It works. But, I still feel full of gas, diarrhea, and bloody stools when I eat something that is 100% gluten free. I have recently started eating lactose free diet too. I learned that sometimes the two go hand in hand and possibly me not being a diligent gluten free eater maybe my villi are damaged and I am unable to tolerate lactose? Just ideas?? I have turned in stool samples to the hospital recently and they are testing me for parasites, CDIFF, salmonella, etc. I don't think its something like that. I feel like I am possibly eating something that doesn't agree with me? Please help! I haven't lost any weight, but I feel unusually tired. I am a mother of three and a Respiratory therapy student and I am exposed to a lot of sickness. I just need opinions or help from someone who is or has gone through something like this? PLEASE HELP!! Thank you so much if you are reading this. Love to all. xoxo

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I don't know if this applies to you or not. At first I was fine with normal gluten free food. Then even the small amount allowed in it started to bother me. Maybe that is what happened to you. I do well with whole foods. Good luck to you. I hope you figure things out.

Archived