Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheryl_C

Bakeries In Toronto's Beaches Area

For my fellow GTA-residents: if you aren't familiar with Yoshi's Sweets and Wild Earth bakeries, you might want to check them out. They are both located on Queen E between Vic Park and Glen Manor.

I bought a loaf of white bean flour bread from Yoshi's Sweets. It's surprisingly light and has a nice flavour to it. I also bought some cookies and cupcakes from Wild Earth, and they were great as well.

Regarding cc: Yoshi's Sweets' employee (owner? not sure) explained to me about the process they undergo for constant product-testing. The bread I bought did have the "may contain traces of wheat flour" warning on the label, but from what she told me about the process and the separate areas and whatnot, I'm pretty sure they're just covering their backsides.

Wild Earth's employee showed me the separate display cases and tongs for their baked goods. They don't have an on-site bakery, but they cater to gluten-free, vegan, nut-free and all other types of dietary restrictions. They do sell "normal" food there as well, but seem to do a good job of keeping everything apart.

Enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):