Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dixiebell

A Lot Of People Have Adhd

My son and I were invited to a friends house last night so our children could play and the adults could chat. They are always very receptive when I talk about being gluten-free. Something I realised while we were there is that out of four adult women and seven children (boys and girls), all around the same age, that four maybe five have ADHD. I believe they are on medication for it. One of the women has severe anxiety. I was talking with her about it because I could see the way I was not too long ago. This same woman has anxiety in her kitchen, so she really does't cook, her mother loves to cook and has them over for dinner a lot. She also has anxiety just thinking about going to the store. I felt so bad for her, quietly of course. When we were talking about ADHD and gluten-free she piped up and said does that help. I said I had heard it can, why not try it. I told her about my relief from anxiety so maybe she will look into it. Oh and guess what everyone was eating, PIZZA. It just makes me cringe.

One of the women was excited when she realised that her chili was gluten free. :)

I do believe we are put into situations and meet certain people for reasons. Maybe we don't know why to start with.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My son has ADD and at the time I was called a "day dreamer". I have suffered from bad anxiety attacks and I am hoping that they are getting better after 9 months gluten free.