Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c12

Tricks For Healing Faster?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting over being glutened faster? Or something to do to help the symptoms?

I ate a bunch of candy last night, only find out this morning that it had hidden wheat in it. Stupid moment for me, I know. But now I have some of the worst mental fog of my life, I'm really bloated and a bit constipated, and I had a huge cystic pimple on my chin this morning. I feel miserable. And I have lots to do in the next few days, so this is really not a good time for me to be feeling sick.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What works for me is:

Drinking LOTS of water

Eating red meat (Don't know why it works it just does)

NOT taking imodium unless I have too...I just want to get the nasty stuff out of my system....

Eating easy to digest foods (avoiding dairy and raw veggies)

And trying to get some rest...

But everyone is different :)

I get neuro symptoms and these are the tricks that help me get through the pain.

Tylenol PM caplets. They make me sleepy and probably don't help me function, but they help me get sleep and pain control while I heal. They also help with the vertigo I get from gluten. I usually only take 1/day for 48 hours or so.

Hydration even though I usually don't want to eat anything.

Sleep

Vitamins

I get a bit constipated and I find that I don't start to feel better from the neuro symptoms until I get that glutened meal out. I eat a lot of flax seeds to help move the system.

I'm sure you will get a lot suggestions. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys. I decided to stay in last night, and although it sucked, it seemed to be a good choice. Lots of rest and water, and I feel better already. :)