Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Im A Damn Fool!

was at a concert with my girlfriend tonight - she ate a pretzel and had some water. she questioned whether the water was tap or spring cause it tasted funny. at one point she told me to taste it and without thinking i picked it up and put the bottle to my mouth. at that second i knew i shouldnt have had her water so i fake sipped then wiped my mouth and a few seconds later spit out the saliva in my mouth a few times. not sure if i got cc'd but that was so dumb. whats my problem? why couldnt i just say no thanks im fine? granted i probly get more cc in restaurants then what was on her water bottle but still- i shouldnt be doing these things

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Give it time, you'll learn. The body and mind have to be completely retrained. And sometimes...sometimes we all have the dumbs.

I got a Naked Green Machine a few weeks ago and sucked half of it down before realizing there was Wheat and Barley Grass in it. :( I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I remembered that the grasses are safe after about a minute but then was worried about CC. Luckily I dodged that bullet...but I didn't finish the bottle so as not to tempt fate further. B)

I read everything on the label but those two ingredients and Natural Flavors...and I have absolutely no excuse as to why.

Sub-conscious sabotage maybe?

:think: This could get Freudian...

Grain Free

Casein Free

Soy Free

Refined Sugar Free

Preservative Free

Free Range

Free Willy

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...

...dang...there goes chocolate... :bawl:

You're overreacting. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's called enjoying time with your girlfriend. There wasn't enough pretzel on that bottle to make you that sick I'm sure and even if there was, you caught yourself and didn't drink it.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!

Yeah ... I share water bottles occasionally with my gluten-eating fiance. Never had a problem from that yet. I also kiss him, which is probably a much higher risk of CC.

I got CC'ed once from letting my Dad take a drink of my poweraide after he'd been eating a hamburger, then I drank after him..... It was awful. I was horribly sick. So I can understand your concern... :P

was at a concert with my girlfriend tonight - she ate a pretzel and had some water. she questioned whether the water was tap or spring cause it tasted funny. at one point she told me to taste it and without thinking i picked it up and put the bottle to my mouth. at that second i knew i shouldnt have had her water so i fake sipped then wiped my mouth and a few seconds later spit out the saliva in my mouth a few times. not sure if i got cc'd but that was so dumb. whats my problem? why couldnt i just say no thanks im fine? granted i probly get more cc in restaurants then what was on her water bottle but still- i shouldnt be doing these things

Jason, Don't be hard on yourself. I've been CC'd at 3 concerts over the past two months because of people drinking and spilling beer around me. Just take it one day at a time and next time get your own water bottle. I hope things are continuing to go well with your girlfriend.

Loey

One time last summer we were at some outdoor gathering and I came up to my spouse to give him a kiss and he turned his head at the last second and kissed me on the cheek. I gave him a really odd look and he said - but "you didn't know that I just ate a regular sandwich when you weren't looking."

It's not consistent. I mark my water bottles with a sharpie pen all the time, and woe unto him that touches it other than myself. This is because he does not clean them out of my car consistently once they've been sipped out of.