Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jay88

Advice On Borderline Foods

Hi Everyone,

Ive avoided my main reaction foods (Milk, Gluten) like the plague as of late but i still feel ill 4 weeks on?

When i recieved my food results back it showed I had a borderline reaction (24-30 on the scale) to maize.however i still eat it freely and frequently. should i remove it from my diet as the result of the reaction just creeped in at 24 on the scale 1 point above normal. any help on this matter would greatly be appeciated as im upset and frustrated that im not feeling any improvement 4 weeks on :(

Jay

Gluten, Egg, Diary free Aug 10

Shellfish free Nov 11

Orange free Feb 11

Very Ill as a child, chronic insomnia from the age of 6. Servere brain fog and headaches from age of 17. Paid

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Honestly since you are still having issues, I would try eliminating corn for at least a month and see if you feel better. Then you can try it to see if you react. Since testing isn't 100% accurate I think the elimination approach is the most accurate way to know.

Are you 100% sure you've removed all potential sources of cross contamination? Are you eating things that could share assembly lines with gluten? Did you change out your pots and pans, colanders, toaster, and so on? If so then your issue could very well be corn.

Hi Everyone,

Ive avoided my main reaction foods (Milk, Gluten) like the plague as of late but i still feel ill 4 weeks on?

When i recieved my food results back it showed I had a borderline reaction (24-30 on the scale) to maize.however i still eat it freely and frequently. should i remove it from my diet as the result of the reaction just creeped in at 24 on the scale 1 point above normal. any help on this matter would greatly be appeciated as im upset and frustrated that im not feeling any improvement 4 weeks on :(

Jay

I was also told that it takes 6 months to show that you are gluten-free in blood test results. Not sure if I'm accurate or not. Corn has been a big no no for me so I agree about eliminating it. I'm on a full elimination diet (only eat rice, veggies and eggs) and I still feel like crap. I was diagnosed with an ulcer and IBS in addition to the Celiac. This forum has ben the best thing that has happened to me since diagnosis. Hope you feel better soon.

Loey

I was also told that it takes 6 months to show that you are gluten-free in blood test results. Not sure if I'm accurate or not. Corn has been a big no no for me so I agree about eliminating it. I'm on a full elimination diet (only eat rice, veggies and eggs) and I still feel like crap. I was diagnosed with an ulcer and IBS in addition to the Celiac. This forum has ben the best thing that has happened to me since diagnosis. Hope you feel better soon.

Loey

I had to give up all grains for a while. Rice too.

Jenn

dx celiac 9/2007: gluten-free 9/2007

corn intolerant: corn-free 5/2010

nut allergy: nut-free 8/2010

I had to give up all grains for a while. Rice too.

I'm waiting for that to be next. ohmy.gif We will make it through this crazy illness together.

Loey