Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okieinalaska

Bloodwork Results

I called today and got the actual bloodwork results sent to me.

What does it all mean? I still have to wait for the referall call which I hope they call tomorrow...

TTG antibody, IGA > 100 U/ml

Endomysial AB IGA Positive

Endomysial AB Titer 1:320

IGA, Serum 256 mg/dL

TTG AB, IGG TNP/OO0 U/mL (then it says TNP - reflex testing not required)

Thank you, : )

Amy in Alaska

Amy in Alaska

Gluten Hit Girl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I called today and got the actual bloodwork results sent to me.

What does it all mean? I still have to wait for the referall call which I hope they call tomorrow...

TTG antibody, IGA > 100 U/ml

Endomysial AB IGA Positive

Endomysial AB Titer 1:320

IGA, Serum 256 mg/dL

TTG AB, IGG TNP/OO0 U/mL (then it says TNP - reflex testing not required)

Thank you, : )

Amy in Alaska

Hi Amy in Alaska!!!

Well, this may be good news for you or bad...You are looking to me like you have Celiac. Normally, they give you the results and then a normal range. However, the TTG>100 just means it is very high. The positive EMA (Endomysial AB) also indicates Celiac. The IgA, Serum was done to determine the valididty of the TTG and EMA. Many Celiacs have IgA deficiency. IgA is a protein in your blood. Therefore, if they run a TTG IgA and your total IgA is low, the TTG IgA may be falsely low as well. HOWEVER, you are clearly positive. Next step is usually an endoscopy although I have heard of Dr's making a Celiac diagnosis based on blood work alone, so I wouldn't do anything without talking to your doctor first.

I think for many of us, learning it is Celiac is actually good news! A reason for being so sick!

Good luck, ask any questions that you have!

Ada from Ontario (Canada)

TTG >200 (normal <10)

IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)

IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)

Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy

Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010

Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

Thank you Ada for the reply!

I have to wait till middle of January to get my endo and biospy done! On the one hand I am happy I can eat normally during the holidays but on the other, it hurts!

I did go buy a few gluten free items at natural pantry last night...and I thought I would start out trying a few different things since I don't have to be gluten free till January. (ease into I guess) But how much gluten do I need to eat to ensure I don't mess up my test results?

I treated myself and bought a new beautiful pink bento box. It's filled with a lovely gluten free lunch today. Brown tsuru mai rice (love that stuff) and a rice wrap with turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce and alfalfa sprouts.

I want to feel better now but don't want to mess my test results up. : (

Amy in Alaska

Amy in Alaska

Gluten Hit Girl

With your blood tests being as high as they are you really are already diagnosed. Since there can be false negatives on endos don't let the doctor talk you out of the diet if your results are negative.

You really should just stay on gluten until the endo is done if you are choosing to have it. Your symptoms may even get worse if you go gluten light and then have a lot of it during the holidays. If your having the endo done you really want the best chance of not having a false negative and that means sticking with a full gluten diet.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)