Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

divamomma

Biopsy Scheduled...2 Months Away

I was under the impression that my daughter would be seen in a few weeks. My family dr told me that she was having an expedited process. The hospital told me that two months is expedited...Great. So now I have two more months to get through, worrying about my daughter, thinking of nothing but celiac/gluten etc. It is hard seeing her so exhausted, cranky lethargic etc knowing there is something wrong and I can do NOTHING. I am not sure how to get through two more months. The waiting is unberable for me. I am seriously wondering why to even bother and just go ahead gluten free now and skip the biopsy. So frustrated!!!

Mommy to 2 Divas in Training

~6 yr old daughter positive Celiac blood test December 2010 (at age 4)~

~Positive Biopsy January 10, 2011~

~Gluten Free since January 11, 2011~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The choice to biopsy is yours alone. Talk to your doctor and see if they will give you a 'diagnosis' if she responds well to the diet. With positive blood tests that can be a possibility. False negatives with children on blood work are common and if her blood tests are positive it is pretty certain that she is celiac.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

yeah don't put her through it, or yourself for that matter, I am in the same spot right now, but I just started the gluten free diet, and I think it's already helping, I mean, if the diet works, why do you need the biopsy to say you need the diet right lol

Gluten Free since Xmas 2010

Current Auto Immune Diseases:

Celiac Disease, Interstitial Cystitis, IBS, Dermatitis Herpetiformis, I'm playing life on Hard Mode.