Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SueC

Sjogren's Syndrome

I have occasional dry eyes which sometimes feel gritty or burning, difficulty swallowing and talking (sometimes),

Dry, burning throat, Dental decay, Joint pain, Digestive difficulties, Dry nose and skin, and fatigue.

All of this led me to put Sjogren's Syndrome on the list of things that could be "wrong with me".

My diagnosis has become Celiac Disease, but I am still going to push to be tested for Sjogren's syndrome or to

explore this a possible additional diagnosis. When I learend that Sjogren's could be related to Celiac I felt

at least some sense of recognition that I was thinking in the correct direction in my research into my various

symptoms.

I hope that I do not have sjogren's syndrome, but I am going to check with an eye doctor about the dry eyes and that gritty, burning feeling that I sometimes have.

What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others. —--Lucretius

I miss bread! But I love Kinnikinnick gluten free pizza crust.

Diagnosed celiac disease: November 2011 (biopsy and endoscopy)

other conditions: asthma, arthritis

Join eNewsletter

I had dry eyes, mouth, etc. for years. I was diagnosed by an opthalmologist with 'dry eye' syndrome years ago and prescribed artificial tears, which I used frequently throughout the day. I drank liquids constantly, because my mouth was dry. I didn't hear about Sjogren's Disease until after I was diagnosed with celiac and started reading about other diseases correlated with celiac disease. Miraculously (or perhaps because I adamantly abstained from gluten for the past 8 years) I no longer have dry eyes. I occasionally use eye drops when I'm tired or my eyes are irritated by wind in my face. I wish I could remember which Opthalmologist diagnosed me. I would tell him the proper name for 'dry eye' syndrome and what causes it.

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter