Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srall

8 Weeks Until Wdw Trip

We are going to Disney World in about 2 months. Last time we went was "the time before" so I just made a bunch of reservations for character meals. Now my 7 year old and I are both dairy/corn/gluten free and I think it's going to be very different. What do I need to do before we go as far as contacting restaurants? Or can we show up places and announce we have food allergies/intolerances and expect to be catered to? Any advice from someone who has btdt is much appreciated. TIA.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We are going to Disney World in about 2 months. Last time we went was "the time before" so I just made a bunch of reservations for character meals. Now my 7 year old and I are both dairy/corn/gluten free and I think it's going to be very different. What do I need to do before we go as far as contacting restaurants? Or can we show up places and announce we have food allergies/intolerances and expect to be catered to? Any advice from someone who has btdt is much appreciated. TIA.

Emial them at customer service. At Disneyland this summer, you go to the court house and get a list of gluten-free in the park - which restaurants and places. The nicer restaurants need reservations.

Each of the Disney Resorts is like being in gluten free heaven. Each park has options in almost every eatery. Here in California, you check in at Town Hall and they give you a list (4 pages long!) of what is available. I went to a luncheon at the Disneyland Hotel with 800 guests, and called in advance. They told me not to worry, just to let my server know, and they were able to provide a wonderful meal with minutes notice :D Disney is a great place for gluten-free people. Have fun! Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even try to make advance arrangements, because they are THAT good!

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!