Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noche22

Restless Leg Syndrome

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

IDK about Celiac, but it is a symptom of iron deficient anemia, which is a symptom of Celiac.

• Inexplicable, random vomiting/or D 30 min. post-meal beginning 2002
  • Diagnosed severely iron-deficient anemic August 2005
  • Bloating, weight gain, ongoing issues October 2009
  • Gluten-free September 2010
  • Self-diagnosed (w/doc's support) Celiac November 2010
  • (mostly) Corn-free December 2010
  • Iron count NORMAL after 3 1/3 mos. gluten free!

It's also commonly associated with a magnesium deficiency. Have you had all your vitamin levels checked?

"My experience has been that there is, surprisingly, always hope." - Eleven

Positive blood test & endoscopy / Gluten-free 10-07-10 / Dairy-free / Soy-free

It's also commonly associated with a magnesium deficiency. Have you had all your vitamin levels checked?

Since posting this, I looked around online. I found that it can be associated with Celiac Disease, fibromyalgia.....both of which I have. Interesting.

My doctor checked the basics. I asked about zinc particularly today, as someone asked about my zinc as per the DH issue (I have a scalpal issue). He said my iron was normal but my Vitamin D was EXTREMELY low. I am on 56,000 units every other day for 8 weeks and then will get retested. Since Zinc wasn't checked, I am assuming magnesium wasn't either.

We will see with the new medication if I will finally get a nights sleep. It has been YEARS since I have. I suffer from chronic insomnia as well. Would love more than anything to get a full nights sleep.

This is what I found: (taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs_syndrome)

Underlying disorders

The most commonly associated medical condition is iron deficiency (specifically blood ferritin below 50

I was an RLS patient (with fibromyalgia, and I think the poor sleep from the RLS contributed SIGNIFICANTLY to the fibro) with low iron stores. They weren't below threshold, but they were on the low end. Treating it made a distinct difference. I stayed on Topomax until we decided to get pregnant, however, and that definitely helped a lot too.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA