RachelisFacebook

Although I Do Miss My Old Favorites...

Rate this topic

Hey y'all,

So I was reminiscing my old favorite foods the other day. Well I went to give blood, and while I never had *incredibly* high blood pressure, I've always been overweight and my blood pressure was not normal for that of a teenager.

Well, both numbers went down by 10, and I've lost 24 pounds so far going off gluten.

While I know that's not the case for everyone, eating gluten made me gain a LOT of weight, until I was diagnosed, and even then I still wasn't losing weight. But I went to college and all my cafeteria offers as safe is usually salad/baked potato/grilled chicken etc.

So, when I get sad, I just think about how much healthier I am now!

I just needed to get that out there. :)

• Upvote 2

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! (where's a BIG thumbs up smilie when I need it???)

• Upvote 1

That is awesome!!! I think my weigt gain is caused from my wheat allergy//I was negative for celiac but do have a wheat allergy and I have so many issues I decided to go gluten free. It has been almost 1 month and I am feeling so good...The weight is not falling off like I hoped it would, I was just wondering how long it has taken you to lose the weight? I am about 160 pds and I have always been about 130-140... I am finally getting the energy to work out and hopefully that will help...Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

That's awesome congrats!