campbell7

Hashimoto's And Maybe Gluten/ Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hello,

I was diagnose with Hashimoto's about 7 months ago, currently taking 120 mg of Armour.

Two months ago I started a program for weight loss, cardio- and weight training along with a diet, which happen to be "low gluten" I immediately started to feel better, just those days that I happened to eat cream of wheat I would feel under the weather. I would like to get tested for Celiac, but I read that you have to go back to full gluten.I would like to know for how long I should eat gluten for my test to be more accurate.

Thanks.

Hello,

I was diagnose with Hashimoto's about 7 months ago, currently taking 120 mg of Armour.

Two months ago I started a program for weight loss, cardio- and weight training along with a diet, which happen to be "low gluten" I immediately started to feel better, just those days that I happened to eat cream of wheat I would feel under the weather. I would like to get tested for Celiac, but I read that you have to go back to full gluten.I would like to know for how long I should eat gluten for my test to be more accurate.

Thanks.

I was told to eat gluten "normally" for 2 weeks prior to my bloodwork but if you feel better off of it, I think you have diagnosed yourself. I say this from experience being that most doctors will brush you off saying its nothing and the rest don't know anything about it.

I was told to eat gluten "normally" for 2 weeks prior to my bloodwork but if you feel better off of it, I think you have diagnosed yourself. I say this from experience being that most doctors will brush you off saying its nothing and the rest don't know anything about it.

One of the reasons of getting tested also is my five kids.

Some do have some symptoms of gluten intolerance, and my oldest has Aspergers which many people claim going on gluten-free diet will help him.

I'm looking forward to eat gluten full time again, if test fails I'm sure I will be back for more questions

Thanks for your help :)

MEANT TO SAY LOOKING FORWARD TO EAT GLUTEN FREE AGAIN, :)

Edited by campbell7

Hi campbell7.

I have heard six or more weeks, probably more would be better, and to eat three to four slices of bread a day.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Thanks.

i understand wanting to have a diagnosis- it took me 2 years, and a closer look at my test, a genetic test, and a case of DH to finally motivate me to go gluten free-

but as someone with Celiac, Graves, AND Hashimoto's- i would like to say- that you should seriously think hard within yourself if you need the diagnosis to go gluten free- (which of course would involve the gluten challenge) because Gluten aggravates those Hashimoto's antibodies...

but then again, i know plenty of people with Hashi who still eat gluten... so i guess it's really up to you

One of the reasons of getting tested also is my five kids.

Some do have some symptoms of gluten intolerance, and my oldest has Aspergers which many people claim going on gluten-free diet will help him.

I'm not looking forward to eat gluten full time again, if test fails I'm sure I will be back for more questions

Thanks for your help :)

i understand wanting to have a diagnosis- it took me 2 years, and a closer look at my test, a genetic test, and a case of DH to finally motivate me to go gluten free-

but as someone with Celiac, Graves, AND Hashimoto's- i would like to say- that you should seriously think hard within yourself if you need the diagnosis to go gluten free- (which of course would involve the gluten challenge) because Gluten aggravates those Hashimoto's antibodies...

but then again, i know plenty of people with Hashi who still eat gluten... so i guess it's really up to you

Well I started eating more gluten yesterday and it did not go good at all.

Worst of all was discovering that my daughter who I had my suspicions of intolerance shows all the mental related behaviors (she is almost 7 yrs. old and has many delayed milestones) as the matter of fact, this year seems like she lost the ability of learning new words (I homeschool her).

I'm taking her to the doctor next week for testing.

Thanks for your coments