scottyg354

Some Possible Light On My Situation

Rate this topic

I've been trying to think back to when my symptoms started getting crazy. When I really started feeling like hell. I was going to the gym lifting weight and always used protein supplements. I started using a Carbohydrate supplement as well, I remember using it and shortly after feeling like hell. And I haven't really felt the same since.

Here is what Max Muscle says about it maybe some can tell me if the ingredients have alot of Gluten:

"Carbo Max is a 100% pure source of complex carbohydrates (maltodextrin) derived from natural grain sources. Maltodextrins are polymers of dextrose (sometimes called "glucose polymers"). Maltodextrin is an easily digested short chain of 3 -20 glucose units in length and a convenient source of intermediate energy."

This might shed some light on my situation.

I was also using Amino Acid Supp's, Protein and Creatine Supps and a Multi. Max Muscle says that the MaltoDextrin used in the product above is made from corn. How accurate do you think that is?

maltodextrin doesn't have gluten as far as I know- if this is what you are asking.

I just found this:

Maltodextrin is gluten free. It can be made from a variety of starches, including corn, potato, rice or wheat. However the source does not matter because maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the protein is removed, rendering it gluten free. If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, "wheat" will be appear on the label. Even in this case, the maltodextrin would be gluten free.

Some people have problems with corn. You may try not using it and see how you feel. If you don't improve you know its something else.