kim:)

Bloated Like Crazy

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have been on the gluten-free diet for 7 years now, so I am very experienced with being a Celiac. I have been able to deal with a lot of problems that have linked to Celiac disease in the past such as joint, muscle, ADD..and other related issues yet the one I have not been able to fixed is my constant state of being bloated. The only time my stomach is not extrememly bloated is when I wake up in the morning because I have not eaten anything in a while. Can someone possibly reccomend some over the counter medication or natural remedies that will help with this? I eat very healthy and do not cheat at all, plus I am very good with staying away from cross contamination. I am only a senior in high school and I would love to have this icky part of my fixed to advoid/limit the malnurished look in the future.

It sounds like you have another food intolerance lurking in there somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Or a Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. I was bloated for a bit after diagnosis last fall and did a SIBO test and that's what it was. Took antibiotics and probiotics for a few weeks. Also I have taken out alot of other grains from my diet even though they are gluten free. The more I read about diets and humans the more I'm realizing that perhaps the Food Pyramid is all wrong and we really shouldn't be eating as much as we (Americans) do. I feel so much better when I eat Paleo. When I get a craving for carbs I have a bit, but feel so much better with so much of it out of my system.

But try a SIBO test first - that might just be the problem.

Thank you guys :) I will take these ideas to the doctor on my next visit. Thank you for all of your help!

Agree - it's probably another intolerance. That's why I continued to have symptoms. Good luck!

I'm still bloated too. The only time my stomach has ever gone down was when i was on antibiotics. I told my dr and he tested me for and infection and said that i didn't have one but he strongly recommended that I look up which probiotic is best for celiacs (which i'm pretty sure is bifidobacterium lactis which i read about in an article on celiac.com) and take that. He also suggested charcoal pills to absorb things that could be producing too much gas. My dr. seems to think that the good and/or bad bacteria in my gut are off balance and the antibiotics just killed everything, so that's why it went down and that these things will help. Maybe you could try it too! I just got the stuff last night and am going to start taking it today! good luck! I sure hope you get whatever is happening to you resolved!

• Upvote 2