freeatlast

Biscuits Like Grandma's

Rate this topic

I can't remember where I got the recipe for these little babies, but they are delicious! Made some for the second time today to go with homemade vege soup. They taste great and are not hard to make:

Biscuits (Photo looks like Grandma

This sounds great....only I'll have to use olive oil and coconut oil replacing the butter and shortening.....

Thank you for these!! :D I'll get hubby right on them..he's our baker.

Thank you for these!! :D I'll get hubby right on them..he's our baker.

IrishHeart, are you the person who recommended 1/2 t. white pepper in breads? I tried it in this recipe and switched it up a bit. Used 1 c. of rice flour mix, 1/4 c. sweet rice flour, 3/4 c. teff, and the white pepper. It was VERY good! Thanks for the suggestion if that was you!

IrishHeart, are you the person who recommended 1/2 t. white pepper in breads? I tried it in this recipe and switched it up a bit. Used 1 c. of rice flour mix, 1/4 c. sweet rice flour, 3/4 c. teff, and the white pepper. It was VERY good! Thanks for the suggestion!

Nope, it was not me who thought of that....but it sounds good!! ;)

This sounds great....only I'll have to use olive oil and coconut oil replacing the butter and shortening.....

Please let us know how they turn out. I used double the butter and a little extra coconut milk to get the flour to hold together. That was my only change the first two times I made them.

Nope, it was not me who thought of that....but it sounds good!! ;)

Oh, sorry, then :)I need to go get some jelly in a few minutes. Making myself hungry.