Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frenchiemama

Do You Ever Have Weird Dreams

I've got a twist on it... I am the wife of celiac disease and I have dreamt that my mom made a gluten-free plate of spaghetti for him (she hasn't cooked for us in decades! at least before my husband went gluten-free.)

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

I had one last night about deliberating over eating this freshly made mint ice cream with non-gluten-free chocolate cookies (really they were pieces of chocolate ice cream sandwich stuff) and finally giving in and eating the whole thing with a really big spoon... I was upset in the dream and wondering when Id get sick but I couldnt stop eating it. weird, b/c I never cheat, but I then again did have a particilarly frustrating day yesterday trying to find food. maybe that was it. hmm.

Join eNewsletter

This happens to me all the time. I will dream that I forget I have celiac disease and just dig right in to a plate of pasta or a sandwich or something. Then about half way through, it suddenly dawns on me what I am doing and I am totally horrified because I know that I already ate more than enough to make myself sick and can't do anything about it.

Do you have dreams like that too? It's just so odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have this dream all the time! It is a horrible nightmare... odd and scary.

Join eNewsletter

these dreams crack me up... i just posted elsewhere that my husband had reg. pasta for dinner on monday night and that night i had a dream that i got into the fridge and binged on his leftovers, then freaked out at what i had done and started crying ! :blink: i can't tell though if i knew what i was doing up front or not.... i guess i'll never know ;)

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005

dairy-free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter